Sunday, August 30, 2015

Peanut Butter & Jam Ricotta

Today I accidentally created a great snack!  I was looking through my refrigerator and spotted an unopened large container of Ricotta Cheese.  For me, Ricotta has always been something of a savory food addition (Lasagna or Cannolis) but I had heard from some friends on ObesityHelp that they have Ricotta as a staple in their diet - including sweet treats!  I decided today was the day to try it out.  I've been craving Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches lately, but bread is a no-go!  So, instead I decided to try to re-create the flavors.  It turned out delicious!




Here is my recipe to share:

Peanut Butter & Raspberry Jam Ricotta!

Servings: 1

Ingredients:

1/2 c. Ricotta Cheese (I used Frigo brand part-skim)
2 tbsp. PB2
1 tbsp. Torani Sugar-Free Raspberry Syrup
1 packet Sweetener of your choice (Optional, if you want it sweeter - I used Stevia myself.)

Directions:

Super easy - just combine all three ingredients and mix!  I prepared mine in a 1-cup portion cup and just stirred with a spoon.

Nutrition Information:

225 Calories, 13g Carbs, 14g Fat, 17g Protein, 2g Fiber, 7g Sugar

I hope you enjoy!  I won't be enjoying this treat often, but I do look forward to being able to satiate my PB&J cravings!  This will definitely be something I have during my pureed foods stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment